Friday 17 February 2012

February 3rd, Sunset in the Neighbourhood.

A couple weeks ago we had the most gorgeous sunset.  It seems that we've had so many rainy day's in the last year that a nice sunset is something special.  But I think this one really was.  I even put dinner on hold, hopped on the quad and went out to take some quick pictures from around the neighbourhood.  Seeing how Sunsets don't last long, I had to hurry!

Near the train tracks looking across the field.

Standing on the tracks, looking towards Kitselas Mountain.

Down the road at the Trappers Cabin.  I have to take a picture of this cabin just about every time I go by it with my camera.  It's the oldest cabin in Usk, at about 100 years old, and it the last few years it's really went down hill.  I know it wont be around for much longer.  This is the first time I've photographed it at sunset.

There was a fog in the air, and it seemed to glow with pinkness.  You could almost feel it.



Of course, I had to go to the slough...


I don't know what it is about the cottonwoods...

Even the mountains in the distance had a pinkish tinge to them.


I just can't resist throwing this one of the Trappers Cabin in there.

Thanks for looking, I just thought I would share something I thought was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment